“As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, the foundation of our organization is patriotism. Many staff members fought in combat for our great nation and sacrificed much for the freedoms we share today. Ensuring something is good for our Country is paramount before we perform work for a client.”
– Harry Siegel, Founder.
Mr. Siegel’s established business values of Country, Clients, Colleagues, Corporation, Cost-Control (“Siegel’s 5Cs”) define the Company’s work ethic and deliverables – our HMS culture. These values, combined with his favorite theme “I want it right, I want it now and I want it right now!” are reinforced daily by his executive team of Bill Kirkpatrick, CEO (retired Air Force) and Tina Andrews, CFO. Our HMS 5C’s can be prioritized in the following order:
- Country: As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, the foundation of our organization is patriotism. Many staff members fought in combat for our great nation and sacrificed much for the freedoms we share today. Ensuring something is good for our Country is paramount before we perform work for a client.
- Clients: At HMS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. we do not have customers. Customers come in from the street and buy wares. HMS has clients. We seek out our clients and show them the value we add to their organization. We are honor-bound to ensure our clients get our attention, our best performance at the best cost, and the truth.
- Colleagues: At HMS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. our people are our most valuable resource. Our staff is collegial and professional with each other at all times. We help each other as teammates and work together for the common goal of teamed success. We share the workload and spend the necessary time working as a cohesive unit to deliver and win as a team.
- Corporation: HMS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. was founded on the principles of Duty, Honor, and Country. We operate on these principles through every email, every phone call, every meeting, every day. Our hard work and dedication to principle has paid off in our extraordinary growth and success.
- Cost-Control: HMS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is a company that will bid and perform at a fair rate, but will not profit from modifying contracts or baiting and switching staff or promises. Our word is our bond and we will deliver on time, on budget, and on target.
The Company offers an excellent remote work environment for most of its 150+ full-time employees with competitive pay and excellent benefits, many of whom have remained with HMS for over ten years (unheard of in the high-tech industry that HMS serves). What is most unique is the HMS corporate HQ facility located in Martinsburg, WV and the work environment that it houses.
HMS TECHNOLOGIES, Inc. is located at 1 Discovery Place in Martinsburg, WV. The property contains a 14,000 sq ft barn structure from the early 1800s made of hand-hewn beams that was converted and improved into a modern office structure at the direction of Harry Siegel, the company’s owner.
Mr. Siegel choose the Martinsburg area to eliminate DC gridlock from his employees’ commute and to provide for a country-like setting more conducive to both families and business.
Unique to most high-tech firms, the modern office interiors are blended with unique barn elements throughout the complex. The environment is anti-suit in favor of informal attire and formal, serious, productivity combined with two cats for the feline inclined, and a small golden doodle who roams all three floors converting all humans into dog lovers.
Onsite perks even include free massage every Friday from a professional masseuse. The facility, team, and environment is a well-tweaked mixture of high tech, high expectations, and productivity combined with a collegial work environment surrounded by a natural setting. Nothing vaguely resembling the mid-rise noise, stress, and congestion associated with our DC beltway competitors.
The resulting culture is one of autonomy and competence, driven by Siegel’s “5Cs” where clients are respected and teammates are supported, that consistently delivers extraordinary value to every project on time and within budget.